Clio’s Psyche Call for Papers on Psychology and History of Sexual Violation Special Issue
Papers are due March 15, 2018 for Spring 2018
Clio’s Psyche seeks psychological insights on these and related subjects:
- Why in America have the barriers to making these issues public broken down?
- To what extent is the openness about these abuses related to the Trump presidency?
- The varied response to charges of sexual abuse
- The “casting couch” in Hollywood and the Weinstein case
- Therapies for sexual misconduct and their effectiveness
- Charges for political purposes and fantasies of sexual intrusion
- How celebrities, politicians, therapists, and the wealthy deal with the erotic transference
- Sexual abuse and sexual fantasy in the Freudian tradition
- The #MeToo movement
- The complexities of gender & sexuality, denial as well as the rush to judgment
- Cases of a rush to judgment without due process, ruining a person’s career
- Sexual privilege in the Middle Ages and throughout history
- Specific cases: Conyers, Franken, Franks, Moore, Trump, Thomas, Weinstein, etc.
Articles should be 1,000-2,500 words–including seven to ten keywords, a 100-word abstract, and your brief biography ending in your e-mail address. We do no publish bibliographies and usually only have citations for direct quotes. Before writing it is good to examine past articles from the last decade on cliospsyche.org/archives. Articles, abstracts, and inquiries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clio’s Psyche is looking for articles on a variety of subjects. Here are some special issues that we would welcome an informed guest editor or co-editors for articles on:
- Psychobiography and Globalization
- Psychology of Election 2016: Candidate Psychobiography, Emotions, Political Illusions, and Realities
- Environmentalism and Anti-Environmentalism
- The Impact of Celebrity Culture on America
- Dependency and Independency in the Family, Politics, and Society
- TV as Object Relations: Our Emotional Connection to Fantasy
- Entrepreneurship, Innovation, and Business Success
- Images and Psychology of Enemies and Hatred through the Ages
- The Intrapsychic and Societal Processes of the American Acceptance of Homosexuality
- The Contemporary American Fascination with Animals
- Anti-Government Fantasies and Civilization
- The Psychology of Anti-Intellectualism and its Implications for Democracy